Can I sit in traffic in 'D' with my foot on the brake pedal in a Ford B-Max powershift?

We recently picked up a brand new Ford B-Max 1.6 powershift and I would like to know if it's okay to sit in traffic with my foot on the brake pedal and the car left in drive. We sometimes leave it in drive and apply the handbrake, once the handbrake is released the car slowly creeps forward. The car is on the Motability scheme and the salesman and service deptartment, including Motability themselves, state that we can drive the car as we wish, but I don't want to cause any major problems.

Asked on 16 January 2017 by Matthew Kirk

No it isn't all right. Burns out the Getrag Powershift dry clutch pack. Don't do it.