What's the best petrol and automatic SUV?

In your review of the SEAT Ateca you refer to possible lag with the petrol/auto combination. I've driven a manual Ateca which is good in all respects. Should I be concerned about ordering an auto. What other options might there be with other manufacturers?

Asked on 23 December 2016 by Robert Stranks

The Ateca gets the new 7-speed dual wet clutch DSG, whether petrol or diesel, and that's a lot better than the disastrous 7-speed dry clutch DSG and the old 6-speed wet clutch DSG. But you can go torque converter with the Suzuki Vitara S or the Peugeot 3008 with Grip Control.