How reliable is the Vauxhall Insignia?

I am interested in a 2014 Insignia SRi CDTi 140 at a local dealer (20k miles, ex-rental plus one owner). Looking at your Car-by-Car Reviews, it would be easy to assume that Insignias have numerous reliability issues.

Is this really the case, or are the volume of problems stated on Car-by-Car merely a consequence of the large volumes of Insignias out there hence more issues being reported?

Asked on 29 October 2016 by romford4

Strangely, we get far fewer complaints of problems with Vauxhalls (especially Corsas) than we do of, for example, Volkswagens and Fords. Nothing wrong with ex-rental. But the old, belt cam 2.0CDTi is still a bit suspect compared to GM Vauxhall Opel's latest range of chain cam, manifold in head engines.