Best value estate for under £18,000?

I have a budget of around £18k for a second hand family estate, I am looking for a premium build and lots of tech. For that money I am looking at 2015+ Mazda 6, Ford Mondeo or 2014+ Mercedes-Benz C220. The BMW 3 Series and Audi A6 Avant also fit in my budget. Which car would you recommend?

Asked on 20 October 2016 by Owen Thomas

Nothing wrong with the Mazda 6 and the Skyactiv D 150 has proved more reliable than the 175. If you prefer rear wheel driver, the Merc C220CDI is very very good on Airmatic suspension so you should try to test drive one before making your final decision.