How do I get my imported Honda Element type-approved in the UK?

I need to get type approval for a Honda Element I brought to the UK with me from the USA. Assuming this is possible, any idea what the cheapest/fastest way to do this is?

Asked on 30 July 2010 by type approval

Answered by Dan Harrison
You need to do it through the VCA:
Similar questions
My daughter lives in Thailand and owns a 2012 Isuzu D-Max Highlander with a 3.0 litre engine and top spec leather seats, sat nav, reverse camera and 22-inch alloy wheels. It is 18 months old and an automatic....
I live in the Isle of Man. Please recommend from where in UK I should buy a tow bar for my Honda Civic 2.2i-DTEC ES. I have a very good mechanic ready to fit it.
My husband and I live in a village and most of our driving is in rural areas. I have noticed that the number of cars with very bright dipped headlights seems to be on the increase and causes real problems....

Value my car