Can you recommend a family car with a high seating position?

I am looking for a car with a high seating position. I have a young child and don't want to break my back lifting them in and out of the car. I have £14,000 to spend have noticed the Hyundai ix35. Does this car use a torque converter auto transmission? Any other cars that fit the bill?

Asked on 21 July 2016 by Friendlybear

Sensible thinking. Previous generation ix35 2.0CRDI autos (and similar KIA Sportages) were six-speed torque converter. Make sure the standard spare wheel is included (under the load floor). Test and video: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/hyundai/hyundai-ix.../ Another test: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/hyundai/hyundai-ix.../ Car by car entry: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/hyundai/ix35-2009/