Need a seven-seater with good towing ability

I am looking to buy a seven-seat people carrier for four adults and two young babies. It would also need to be able to tow a caravan that will be big enough to accommodate the same amount of people. What do you recommend?

Asked on 19 June 2016 by Alan Taylor

A KIA Sorento 2.2 KX2 manual 7-seater can tow 2,500kg. You can now get a 4WD Ford Galaxy 2.0TDCI, but it works out a bit dearer and doesn't comer with a 7 year warranty. The new Peugeot Traveller and Citroen Space Tourer will also be available with 4WD and are available in 3 lengths. Could also consider a VW Caravelle. Volvo XC90 a bit dearer. You can look them all up in www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar