Nissan Juke gearbox failure

I have a Nissan Juke 1.6 automatic. The vehicle has covered 31k mileage, but is five months outside the original three year warranty. Nissan have quoted me over £7000 for the replacement of the gearbox.

I am aware now that this seems to be a common problem with the gearbox and have communicated this with Nissan and awaiting to hear back from them. In the meantime I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing a similar fault and any further advise that you can offer me with regards to regulatory bodies I may be able to seek advise from?

Asked on 17 June 2016 by Kerenb

Yes. Very common. CVTs in Nissan Qashqais, Jukes, Notes and Micras are well know for it. I'll add yours to the list in the Nissan Juke entry in www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ Yes, you have grounds to sue the supplying dealer for the cost of the repair because the car is "not of satisfactory quality".

Providing it has been properly maintained, you have a right to expect that an expensive consumer durable such as a car should last a "reasonable" amount of time and "reasonable" in the case of a car is generally taken to be six years. See: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/