Do you want the Road Tax system to change? Do you have thoughts on the potential changes to the Road Tax system? | No thanks

Suzuki Vitara BoosterJet or Skoda Yeti?

I have recently been considering an automatic 4WD Yeti and would appreciate info on the type of auto transmission available with the new Vitara BoosterJet engine?

Asked on 10 December 2015 by Union Jack

6-speed torque converter. I have not driven the BoosterJet yet. John Slavin did it for us. All I drove was the ordinary 1.6 auto that was okay within its limits. John preferred the BoosterJet manual to the auto, but that doesn't mean the auto is rubbish. I cannot ever recommend anything fitted with a DSG or S tronic transmission (apart from a Golf Alltrack in which it actually worked quite well) so that puts the Yeti auto out of the picture. Just look up the various road tests at www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests and the problem areas at www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar