Which will be more fun to drive?

I am trading up from a Jazz owned from new. I want a comfortable auto SUV with good boot space that will be trouble free over 6 plus years. I also want to enjoy driving it approx 6000 miles a year many in town. Honda controls look non user friendly, Suzuki cheap plastics and CX-3 good to look at but cramped and no room for spare on upmarket versions. Any suggestions?

You've looked at the contenders. They're all tested in www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/ The Suzuki Vitara 1.6 auto drives well. The HR-V is the most roomy, with plenty of room for a full sized spare under the load deck floor. You could wait for the Skoda Yeti revamp that will give it a greater range of engines, but the autos will still be DSG. The new SsangYong Tivoli is a lot of car for the money, but the petrol auto isn't great to drive.