Help! New Skoda Superb - diesel or petrol? VW diesel crisis is worrying...

Last week I ordered a Skoda Superb SE L diesel 2.0TDI DSG. It is a fantastic family car. The VW diesel emissions scandal then hit the news. I contacted the Skoda dealership with my concerns about true environmental impact, not to mention residual value and potential increases in diesel fuel prices, road tax costs, the future likelihood of being prohibited from driving into large European cities etc.

The Skoda dealership have agreed that I can change my order to a petrol version. Should I? And to which model?

These have the new EA288 manifold in head diesel engine. Not affected by the EA 189 scandal.