Bought a faulty used car - what are my options?

Three weeks ago I bought a secondhand SsangYong Musso. The car was sold with a full MoT and said to be in full working order. However, after having the car serviced by a local mechanic, I've been told the car is not roadworthy.

I have taken pictures of the faults and have tried to contact the seller, but have not had any luck in speaking to him. I'd really appreciate your advice as to how to proceed. Yes I did buy an old car and didn't expect for it to have no problems but I did expect it to be road worthy and fit for purpose.

Asked on 16 March 2015 by buddybee4x4

You have to sue the vendor for breach of contract for selling you an unroadworthy vehicle. Doesn't matter if he was private or trade, it's still a breach of contract.