Is my used car covered under the Sale of Goods act?

I purchased used Audi A3 one month ago from a trader for £8450. The car was sold with a warranty, but I have been told that everything is not covered.

Since collecting the car I've discovered that the headlights are not fitted properly. As a result, they dazzle oncoming traffic. The airbag light has also come on.

I've been told that neither of these problems are covered by the warranty and it's down to me to pay for the repairs. Is this right? Surely they're covered by the Sale of Goods act?

Asked on 2 March 2015 by Peter S

Yes. Whoever sold the car to you is liable: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/