Swapping an Audi for a Skoda

A friend is selling his Skoda Octavia 2.0 diesel (2007) with 80,000 miles on the clock. He wants £7000 for the car. I'm currently running an Audi A6 Avant (2004) 1.9 diesel with just over 100,000 miles on the clock.

Both cars have full history and MoT. I have a buyer for the Audi for £3800, so I have to add over £3000 to get the Octavia. Considering that both cars are similar in spec, do you think the £3000 pounds difference between the two cars is justified?

Asked on 28 July 2014 by francdever

The 1.9TDI was a lot more reliable than the 2.TDI of around 2007- 2009.