Can you recommend an automatic 4wd vehicle with decent load space?

I have been very satisfied with my Subaru Outback 2.5 automatic. It's an excellent car, but slightly too big for my driving now. I am not keen on the XV car as its finish is a bit ‘tinny’ and seats uncomfortable. What do you suggest? I do not want a real ‘off-road’ car, like a Discovery, but I need four-wheel drive, automatic, decent loadspace, Bluetooth, satnav, DAB radio and CD player. Do you have any suggestions?

Asked on 21 December 2013 by BM, Chagford

There will soon be AWD estate versions of the new Golf and Octavia. I can't tell you if they will be offered as automatics or DSGs, but probably. There are xDrive versions of the BMW 120d and 320d and 320d Touring, manual or automatic (10 per cent of BMW 1-Series and 3-Series sold in the UK are now xDrive). And, of course, quattro versions of Audi A3s and A4s, including an A4 'Allroad'.