Do you have a minute to answer an electric vehicle survey? Start the survey | No thanks

Recommend a replacement for my Audi A6 Avant which can carry two bikes?

I own an A6 Avant 2.7 diesel Tiptronic (purchased March 2008). I wish to change and want a vehicle which can take two bikes if necessary, and is comfortable and suitable for long distances, so quite similar to my current car. Any thoughts please?

Asked on 2 June 2010 by Mark Ormrod

Answered by David Ross
If you're after something comfortable for long distances that can take two bikes then you might want to consider a 4x4 such as a Land Rover Discovery 4. It's very versatile and has a huge boot too. If you don't want a 4x4 and would rather stick to an estate, then either Mercedes-Benz (such as an E-Class estate) or Volvo (i.e V70 or XC70) probably offer the most comfortable long-distance cruisers.