Replacing tyres - what brand?

Can you recommend replacement tyres for my present Goodyear Efficiency 215/50R17 95W, specifically with less road noise?

Asked on 6 March 2013 by madrunner

Michelin Primacy 3 or Goodyear Excellence.
You say the underlying maintenance cost is the reason for the collapsing of diesel car prices. I'm concerned because I own a 63 reg Ford Mondeo Estate 2.0d, with 40,000 miles that I plan to keep for another...
I need a reliable car to travel from Southampton to Bournemouth four times a week as well as a 20 minute drive to work each day. I have a 2004 automatic Ford Focus now, which costs a fortune in petrol...
I currently drive a 2013 Ford Mondeo Estate which we've used as a family car for camping holidays. Squeezing as much as possible into the boot is essential, with the back seats up as I have two children....
Fantastic to drive. Refined and comfortable to travel in. Massively roomy cabin and huge load capacity. Excellent value. Efficient ECOnetic models.

£155.08