Dream car or Budget, which comes first? Tell us your thoughts | No thanks

Can you recommend a family car for high business mileage?

I've had a 2004 Renault Scenic since new, but electrical faults mean that I am considering changing it. I'd like a car with sufficient space for a family (two adults, one 6-year-old, one 3-year-old) and all the stuff that goes with it. I'm not really interested in another Scenic or MPV-type vehicle, but was considering hatchbacks, saloons or estates, and a diesel for economy as I usually drive at least 10,000 business miles/year. What would you recommend that would have similar space to a Scenic?

Asked on 4 July 2011 by PR, Pontyclun

A Honda Civic 1.8i. Colossal, versatile interior and they do 45mpg, so no need for a diesel: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/honda/honda-civic 2006//?section=video

New Civic is out next year, so discounts and special cut price version of the current one now on offer.