I need a car with Isofix tethers for child seats and a large boot - am I right to consider the Citroen C3?

I have been driving a Volkswagen Lupo for 10 trouble free years. However, with the recent birth of twins to my daughter-in-law I now need a car that has Isofix tethers installed so that I can put in child seats. The car also needs to have a reasonably-sized boot because of the double buggy, and further to that I have two older grandchildren (16 and 14). I would not be making long journeys - maximum probably 25 or 30 miles with the children. I have been very tempted by the Citroen C3 1.4i 75 manual VTR priced at £11,895 - this being my price range. Have you any other suggestions or do you think this car ideal for my requirements?

Asked on 16 June 2011 by JT, Harpenden

The C3 is reasonably upright, so strapping the seats in the back won't be too much of a backbreaking chore. Test and video: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/citroen/citroen-c3.../

But also take a look at a KIA Venga. Test and video: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/kia/kia-venga-road.../ and the Nissan Note: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/nissan/nissan-note.../