Would you suggest the Land Rover Discovery 4 or the Audi A7 to replace my Range Rover Vogue?

I currently have a 2007 Range Rover TDV8 Vogue but it’s due for change. I'm afraid my budget won't allow me to get another, this is my second and I've loved them both. I'm looking at an new Audi A7 3.0 TDI S-Line and a Discovery 4 3.0HSE - the seven-seat issue is important. I'd welcome your view on what is the best car to live with. I do 40,000 miles a year and, for the most part, its loaded with people and stuff. I don't really do any off-roading.

Asked on 27 October 2010 by DM, London EC3

More room for seven people in the Discovery 4 and no evidence that the Q7 is any more reliable. Ex-Highways Agency Discoveries appear at auction with 175,000 miles or more on them. But the Q7 3.0V6 TDI is chain cam and the Disco 2.7 and 3.0V6s are belt cam.