Excessive admin charges

I have been charged a £55 admin fee by One Call Insurance for the privilege of having my premium increased as a result of an overlap in a past policy and the new one.

This overlap resulted in an increased premium for the overlap period because I could not use my No Claims Bonus on two vehicles - fair enough - but £55 admin to charge me the extra £163? That seems excessive. Is this out of step with other insurers?

They are probably brokers rather than insurers and the move of private equity funding into insurance brokering has led to this sort of charge.