Should I be concerned about MoT advisories on a Ford Focus Titanium 2015?

We are planning to buy a 2015 Ford Focus. However, I am a bit concerned about the two advisories on an MoT done in August 2021: Nearside Rear Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement (5.3.4 (a) (i)) Offside Rear Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement (5.3.4 (a) (i).

Can you please advise on how serious are these advisories and the cost implications in future? Should I consider them as a deal breaker to buy this car?

Asked on 1 April 2022 by Santosh Gawde

Answered by Lawrence Allan
This is a fairly normal advisory to see on an MoT. Suspension bushes are consumables made of rubber that do perish. It's very common that these need replacing after a car has been on the road for a few years - it's usually a straightforward job for a garage that shouldn't cost more than a few hundred pounds at the most.