What's the best Honda CR-V for £5000?

I am looking to buy a Honda C-RV automatic car with a petrol engine for around £5000. What year should I be looking for to be the most reliable?

Asked on 27 September 2021 by Christine Erdos

With a £5000 budget, you'll be looking at example from around 2008. They're generally reliable cars but not without their issues: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/honda/cr-v-2007/good

We'd recommend looking for one that's been well maintained with evidence of regular servicing (receipts as well as a stamped service book). They like to rust, too, so check the MoT history for any advisories for corrosion.