What hybrid crossover should I buy?

I’m considering changing my Toyota Yaris hybrid and have identified two possible alternatives: the Ford Puma hybrid automatic or the Yaris Cross hybrid automatic. I’d appreciate your advice. Many thanks in anticipation.

Asked on 6 May 2021 by Carolyn shepherd

The Puma's an excellent car and one of our favourite small crossovers on the market. It's not a 'true' hybrid, though – just a mild hybrid, using a tiny electric motor to provide a small power boost. It certainly won't be able to move under electric power alone. If you really want a 'proper' hybrid, like your Yaris, wait for the Yaris Cross. We're yet to drive it but, based on the latest Yaris, it's likely to be a very good hybrid crossover.