Should I swap my Vauxhall Corsa for a Kia Rio?

I currently have a 2010 Vauxhall Corsa. Although it's a really slow car, I've liked it as it's roomy inside and feels solid and safe. It's just passed its MOT but urgently needs 2 new tyres and, at some point, new brake pads. I had to have the timing chain replaced last year, which wasn't cheap and a few other things - so I was looking at a new car. A few people said to get a Kia and I've seen a 2017 Kia Rio for £8999 - but I don't know if that's a good price/good car. The Kia Sportage looks a good car but I don't really need such a big vehicle and would need to get an older model to afford one. What do you think? Thanks.

Asked on 14 January 2021 by Jo robinson

The Kia Rio's a good little car. It'll be a bit more spacious than your Corsa and, as you've said, will come with a lengthy amount of warranty remaining (provided it's been serviced correctly). Also consider the very similar Hyundai i20 or, if practicality's important, a Honda Jazz is also a good choice. The Kia Sportage is a great car but, as you say, quite a bit bigger than your Corsa or a Kia Rio. If a slightly bigger crossover vehicle appeals, consider a Suzuki Vitara. It's a bit smaller than a Sportage and will be very reliable and cheap to run.