I'm unsure whether to buy a petrol, diesel or hybrid car. What do you think?

I live in France but, in normal times, return to the UK 4-5 times a year. I have been thinking of buying a Citroen C5 Aircross but I'm unsure whether to buy a petrol, diesel or hybrid car. Are there any other cars I should consider or any fully electric cars of a similar size? Thanks.

Asked on 21 January 2021 by

We rate the Citroen C5 Aircross highly – it's a very comfortable and practical choice that represents good value for money. If you cover a lot of motorway miles (driving between France and the UK, for example), a diesel makes a lot of sense. The plug-in hybrid model is quite expensive and only really makes sense for company car drivers or those covering a lot of short journeys. As an alternative, we'd recommend a Peugeot 3008 or Skoda Karoq.