Can I have a UK and a Spanish driving licence after the UK leaves the EU?

As a Spanish resident, I must exchange my UK driving licence for a Spanish one since, whilst in the EU, I can only have a licence from one country. After 1 January 2021, when we have completely left the EU, will it be possible to regain the UK licence, as well as the Spanish one since I expect to spend more time in the UK than in Spain? If so, how do I achieve it?

Asked on 9 November 2020 by Graham Pinder

Answered by Georgia Petrie
DVLA said: "We can only issue driving licences to drivers who are resident in the UK. By law, if you apply for a GB driving licence you must also surrender any other exchangeable driving licence you may hold – for example, a driving licence issued by an EU state. Therefore, it is not be possible to hold both a GB licence alongside a Spanish licence."
Tags: brexit
Similar questions
I know I'm not the only one going to Europe over half term who is concerned as what precautions to take when we travel out while in the EU and return after a probable Brexit. What will be the changes for...
I purchased some window seals for my historic Mercedes recently. I was shocked to receive a customs import and VAT bill before delivery could be made. It's roughly 30% of the value of the window seals...
I'm a returned Expat from Spain (returned 2015). I passed my driving test in the UK many years ago. I have a Spanish Driving license right now, and as far as I can see on the UK Gov website, I have been...

Value my car