Is there an organisation I can contact about unreasonable repair costs?

A local garage has had my 2009 Volvo S40 for 8 weeks trying to resolve a misfire so I can claim the cost from Warrantywise. They have had my car for so long that I am considering cutting my losses and getting my car back because the warranty company won't pay for any investigation work until the fault has been found. I am so fed up with the whole deal I have told the garage I am going to take my car back at the end of the month if it isn't sorted. If I am not happy with the final bill that I know I will have to pay, is there an organisation or group I can contact to help question the bill? Many thanks.

Asked on 11 January 2021 by Colin Taylor

Sadly this is a very common situation that we hear about and I know from first-hand experience how stressful and frustrating it can be. The Motor Ombudsman should be the body to deal with this but it depends whether the garage in question is a member or not. Citizens Advice are also incredibly knowledgeable and helpful.