Can I buy aftermarket door protectors?

I think the retractable door guards fitted to the Skoda Kamiq are a great idea. Do you know if this is Skoda's own invention or are there similar products available to retrofit to other cars?

Asked on 22 September 2020 by BigRedSwitch

I'm not sure it was a Skoda invention as some Ford models offer retractable door guards too. That said, I'm not sure you can get an aftermarket retractable device as it's built into the door mechanism so it pops out and in when the door opens and closes. However, car door guards are available from online retailers - they just aren't retractable (they just clip onto the door edge).
Tags: