Need a reliable and efficient used car for under-£22k

I am looking to buy a nearly new second-hand car. I am looking for which vehicles to consider in terms of fuel economy/looks/value for money/manageable running costs, with a maximum budget of £20,000 to £22,000. What do you suggest I buy?

Asked on 31 August 2020 by David Poolford

The Toyota Corolla 1.8 hybrid would suit your needs and budget. It's easy to drive, smartly styled and capable of returning 60+ mpg on the road. A budget of £20k will easily get you a nearly new model with less than 5000 miles on the clock: www.honestjohn.co.uk/cars-for-sale/search/Toyota/C...c