What car would you recommend for a long commute?

My Daughter has a new job that involves a 110-mile per day commute, mostly motorway. She'd like an automatic. Economy is important as well as safety and reliability. We have a budget of up to £12,000. What would you recommend? Thank you.

Asked on 3 August 2020 by welby

We'd recommend a Hyundai i30. The latest model is within budget, with the very efficient 1.6 CRDi engine and reliable automatic gearbox. It'll have the remainder of Hyundai's five-year, unlimited mileage warranty. Also consider a Peugeot 308 with the 1.5 BlueHDi engine and automatic gearbox.