Is a Euro5 campervan a bad idea due to city restrictions?

We're keen to buy a Volkswagen campervan and have identified a particular model that we like - a Rolling Homes Columbus. A new model, including the accessories that we need, would cost about £53,000. We have seen a used Columbus 2015 of equivalent specification for £38,000. Just 12,000 miles and beautiful condition, with same high quality furnishing. But I am concerned that it is Euro 5, rather than Euro 6 and that city restrictions could wipe out the financial advantage. There could also be a difference in fuel consumption. Do do have any suggestions?

Asked on 30 July 2020 by Garth Aspinall

I'd go with the Euro6 camper van that'll be based on the Volkswagen T6 Transporter: vans.honestjohn.co.uk/van-reviews/volkswagen/trans.../

Euro5 vans will inevitably lose some value due to the fact they'll be financially penalised to enter cities. But the deal breaker for me would be getting the latest T6 over the old T5.