Car I bought should be registered a total loss. Am I owed a refund because I didn't know?

My son recently bought a 2012 Audi A3 from a dealer. He paid £7000 for it. When we got it home, we noticed the camber was way out on the front wheels, you could see the difference visually. We had it checked by a specialist who discover the chassis is twisted and should be considered a total loss. The dealer who sold us an unroadworthy car is dragging his heels on a refund. Can you tell me where we stand legally, please? Thanks.

Asked on 26 June 2020 by John A

Answered by Dan Powell
You are legally entitled to a refund. The dealer can be held liable for any faults that develop within the first six months. It reads like this car has been involved in an accident and this should have been declared at the time of sale. If the dealer refuses, seek legal advice. For your legal rights, see:
Similar questions
I need some legal advice. I bought a 2018 BMW M140i in February from a used car garage (not BMW). Car was sold as having BMW warranty until 2021 and no mentions of any accidents. After I bought the car...
Eight weeks ago, I traded my car in for a 2017 Honda Jazz. I've just noticed that the paint on the front wing looks slightly different than the rest of the car. On closer inspection I also found a strip...
I bought a 2012 BMW X3 diesel advertised as ULEZ-compliant. I discussed the necessity for Euro6 with the salesman in the initial telephone conversation and was assured that the car is Euro6 so is ULEZ...
Related models
Comfortable and high quality premium hatchback, low emissions diesel engines including economical 1.6 TDI, very refined at speed yet handles well in corners.

Value my car