What's the most reliable used car I can get for £3500?

I'm looking to buy a reliable, economic car with the best spec and extras I can possibly get for around £3500. At the moment, I've landed on 2010 Citreon DS3 at that price. I was wondering if you would recommend anything other than this that may be better value for money?

Asked on 3 June 2020 by Connor Suckling

If you want a reliable used car then I would advise against buying a 10-year-old DS3. It has an awful MoT pass rate, with suspension, exhaust and emissions being three areas of concern: good-garage-guide.honestjohn.co.uk/mot/ds/ds3/2010

Given your budget, I'd recommend a petrol hatch, like the Suzuki Swift 1.2 or the Ford Fiesta 1.25.