What SUV do you recommend in terms of best value for money?

I'm currently running a Mazda CX-5, which is coming to the end of its PCP schedule. I love the car's handling, though not too keen on the low end power of the petrol engine. I'm thinking of an Audi Q3 as a replacement. After doing a lot of research: the Q3 has a classier interior but not by much, the Mazda is a keener drive, though stiffer and Mazda's perceived reliability is much better than the Q3's. Plus, more bang for your buck with the Mazda. I remain confused. Are you able to shed some light into what may be a better buy? My current CX-5 is the top of the range. Many thanks.

Asked on 21 May 2020 by Ash G

Mazda has a very good reputation for reliability and we receive very few complaints from CX-5 owners. The Audi Q3 is a very nice car, but you could easily spend £10,000 on options to bring it up to spec with your top-of-the-range CX-5. A compromise might be the Skoda Karoq. It uses a lot of the same tech as the Audi but offers better value for money. I ran one for six months and was very impressed with it, despite a few mechanical niggles: www.honestjohn.co.uk/our-cars/skoda-karoq