My car is older than was stated when I bought it. Do I have any recourse for the extra costs I'll incur?

I took ownership of a MINI Clubman on a four-year PCH on 28 August 2017. I recently discovered the car was pre-registered on 30 March that year. The lease company did not inform me of this. This means the car is five months older than stated, resulting in extra MoT and extended warranty costs - particularly from March to August 2021. Do I have any recourse? They don't seem to be interested in my complaint.

Asked on 23 April 2020 by Christopher Mitchell

It sounds like the car was misrepresented. Make a formal written complaint with the leasing company and, if you're not satisfied with the response, consider opening a case with the BVRLA (British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association).