What's the most reliable petrol auto crossover?

I currently own a 2017 Peugeot 2008 petrol 1.2 and have been very pleased with the car and auto box. In 2016, I was one of those unfortunate owners of a Nissan Qashqai auto that was replaced by Nissan. I will be looking to buy a new car in mid-2020 , re their Auto boxes. It needs to be a petrol auto and slightly bigger than my 2008. Any suggestions on which of these is the best option: Kia Sportage, Renault Kadjar, Suzuki Vitara, Peugeot 3008?

Asked on 15 April 2020 by John ODonoghue

The CVT automatic gearbox used in the Qashqai was very problematic. The good news is that all the cars you've mentioned should be more reliable than that. The Peugeot 3008 would probably be our choice. The 3008 uses a reliable eight-speed torque-converter automatic gearbox. The Kia Sportage is another good choice with a dual-clutch transmission and the advantage of a seven-year warranty. The Vitara uses a torque-converter automatic gearbox but it won't be any bigger than your 2008.