My car has a stop-start feature. Can I use a solar charger on the battery?

My 2013 Skoda Yeti has a stop-start feature. Am I OK to trickle charge the battery using a solar charger?

Asked on 15 April 2020 by Piercy

Answered by Keith Moody
I wouldn't recommend it. A lot of solar chargers don't have any over charge protection - they're also pretty low output. It would be quicker and safer to invest in a decent trickle charger. We've used CTEK items before but there are plenty of other decent brands available. For a stop-start engine, you need a trickle charger that works with AGM batteries. This should do the trick: amzn.to/39GTA0s
Tags: