Should I use a float charger?

I've just heard about battery float chargers, is this another way of saying trickle chargers? I'm looking to buy one for my dad, who owns a BMW 1 Series and have heard that CTEK are the best? Any help would be really appreciated.

Asked on 16 April 2020 by Pete2262

Float chargers will automatically turn on and off as it detects the battery level dropping or reaching full capacity. These are best if you're planning on leaving the car plugged in for a long time without checking on it. Trickle chargers require checking and turning off when the battery is fully charged. We rate CTEK chargers highly.