Can I sit a driving test again to prove that I'm still a competent driver?

I am nearly 65 years old I have had one accident in 30 years, no one was injured. My children think I should give up driving, they are very ageist. Am I allowed to resit my test to prove to my children that my driving is fine?

Asked on 11 April 2020 by Christine Erdos

Contact a local driving school when the coronavirus lockdown has lifted - they will be happy to set up a mock driving test for you. You cannot resit the official test because you already have a valid licence.