I'm about to go into 12 weeks isolation because of coronavirus- what should I do about tax and insurance?

I am 78 years old and for the next 12 weeks will be in isolation. My car will be garaged and not driven in those weeks. Where do I stand with regards to my insurance and car tax if it is not being used?

If you are putting your car into storage then I would recommend keeping the insurance running but placing the vehicle on SORN and getting refund on the road tax VED. You will then be able to drive the car on SORN to a pre-booked MoT appointment at a later date and tax the car when it has passed. For more coronavirus motoring advice, see: www.honestjohn.co.uk/coronavirus/coronavirus-what-...s