Please can you recommend the best used car to purchase for a £12,000 budget?

Please can you recommend the best used car to purchase for a £12,000 budget? We are a family of three living in London but often use our car to drive back and forth to Wales and for European holidays.

Asked on 10 March 2020 by David Harris

A Kia Sportage sounds like a good option. It's a practical family crossover and will have the remainder of its seven-year manufacturer warranty. Consider the 1.7 diesel if you regularly drive at motorway speeds for extended periods. If you need a little more space, we'd recommend a Honda CR-V.