What's the best family crossover for £13,000?

We have a limited budget of about £13 000 and are not after anything fancy but do like a higher driving position We don't do many long journeys and our daily journey is normally a 15-mile round trip. We want low mileage and are considering a Hyundai Tuscon, Nissan Qashqai, Kia Sportage and Honda HR-V. What do you suggest?

Asked on 9 March 2020 by rachael randall

As you've probably noticed, crossover SUVs like the ones you've mentioned are massively popular, particularly with families and drivers looking for high seating positions. With your budget, I'd be looking for a Kia Sportage with the 1.6-litre petrol engine. It will have plenty of warranty remaining and will be cheap to run. If you don't need the space of the Sportage, look at a Honda HR-V or Suzuki Vitara.