Is it possible to predict how rapidly a car will depreciate, allowing me to sell at the best time?

Is it possible to predict how rapidly a car will depreciate? I have a 2014 Mercedes C-Class Estate, which I bought when it was a year old. It had already lost about £10,000 of its original value at that point. It has done 62,000 miles, has been completely reliable and runs as well as it's ever done. It's probably worth £8000-10,000. I see no reason to change it at the moment but would like to trade it in before it becomes worthless. I would imaging that there is an optimum point at which one should sell?

Asked on 2 March 2020 by James Clayton

It's quite easy to track vehicle valuation with our used car pricing tool. It's based on real-time classifieds and lists values for most makes, models and years of car: www.honestjohn.co.uk/used-prices