What's a good petrol car for towing a caravan?

I am thinking of getting a petrol vehicle about 2.0 litre that's capable of towing a medium-sized caravan. It would need to be in the region of £12/13k. Any ideas?.

Asked on 20 January 2020 by Mr Vivian thomas

It depends how much your caravan weighs - you should be able to find this on a plate attached to the chassis near the door. It's generally advised that you shouldn't tow more than 80 per cent of the car's kerb weight. Assuming your caravan weighs around 1300kg, you'll need a car that weighs at least 1530kg. A Honda CR-V might be a good choice. Your budget will get a 2016 model with the reliable 2.0-litre petrol engine. Also, consider a Subaru Forester.