Best small and reliable car for £10,000?

I want to purchase a used car. I’m thinking of getting a two-year-old Yaris, as it will have some of its original five-year-warranty remaining. I only cover low mileage and have £10,000 to spend. What are your views?

Asked on 17 December 2019 by M Furlong

A Toyota Yaris would be a very reliable choice, although it's showing its age now and the interior isn't very plush compared to rivals. I'd recommend a Hyundai i20 - it'll also have the remainder of its five-year warranty, although feels newer and more spacious than the Yaris. Also look at the Kia Rio with its seven-year warranty.