What's the best petrol estate for £10,000?

I am keen to buy a mid to large petrol estate, good to drive, room for four adults and gear. I do 5k to 8k miles a year - mixed town and country and want something with a perky modern and economical engine. Would a Mondeo 1.5T EcoBoost do? Or something else to consider? I can spend around £10k.

A Mondeo sounds like a reasonable choice if you can find a petrol one. Our money would go on a Mazda 6 but test drive one first - its 2.0-litre petrol engine might not appeal if you're after a small, turbocharged unit. Also consider a Honda Civic Estate - it's smaller but very practical and should be reliable.