What's the most reliable and comfortable estate for £10,000?

I drive about 5000 miles a year and use my car for moving furniture, visiting friends and family, taking stock to sales etc mainly. I currently have a 2012 Peugeot 308 SW which I like but it's not the best drive and has high miles. I have been left £10k and want to buy a car that'll last a good few years. I want a comfortable reliable estate to use for work and leisure. Any advice?

Asked on 25 March 2019 by K hunt

We'd look for a Honda Civic estate. It has a huge boot while also being cheap to run and should be very reliable. Avoid diesels - the 1.8-litre i-VTEC engine will be well suited to your driving. Also, look at the Kia Cee'd Sportswagon - it'll have the remainder of its seven-year warranty remaining, although finding a petrol might be difficult.