Are high-mileage hybrids a smart buy?

I'm considering buying a used hybrid Lexus (mainly CT and IS). I saw some with very high mileage (+150k) for sale. Is it safe to buy one like that? What kind of problems will a hybrid have with that kind of milage? What should I check when buying?

I wouldn't be too concerned. Lexus performs very highly in our Satisfaction Index (www.honestjohn.co.uk/honest-john-satisfaction-inde.../) with the IS being one of the top three cars for reliability. The CT shares a hybrid system with the Toyota Prius - a car that's popular with taxi drivers. We've heard of numerous examples covering hundreds of thousands of miles without an issue. The main thing I'd look for is a comprehensive service history. If it's been well-maintained, I doubt you'll have an issue.