What should I replace my Land Rover Freelander 2 with?

I currently have a 9-year-old Freelander 2 which limits the downhill speed in bad winter weather to about 3 mph down a narrow private country hill road where I live. I am considering replacing the Freelander but I don't really want to spend £35,000 on its current replacement. Can you suggest any cars that have a downhill limiter suitable for a 6'1" driver? I'd prefer new or nearly new I would keep the vehicle for quite a while.

Take a look at the Subaru XV. It starts at around £25k and all models come with hill descent control as part of its X-Mode four-wheel-drive system. It's excellent in the snow and tough conditions, and will be a very reliable car that should last for a long time.
Tags: